Urban Mobility Pitch Day
GeoWorks, together with Enterprise Singapore, Sistema Asia and Moscow Transport Innovations, organised Urban Mobility Pitch Day 2021 on the 27th April. The event showcased a curated pool of start-ups in the transport and logistics sector pitching to raise funds to transport industry experts from Russia and Singapore. The start-up representatives presented their businesses during the session which empowers start-ups to form business partnerships with corporate venture capital units, corporations and venture capital firms.
Ajay Bulusu, the co-founder of Nextbillion.ai shared about a recent case study where his company provided solutions to healthcare providers in India by mapping out ambulance routes. Gleb Vereshchagin, the General Product Manager of Ping Delivery, presented their new product, Harold, which helps delivery drivers make more informed decisions by assessing routes with a holistic rubric.
Teh Kai Feng, from Enterprise Singapore, and Gleb from Ping Delivery reinforced the importance of customer experience, acquisition and recovery. Ilya Klyuev, from BaseTrack, showed an example of their business in the form of the automated Chevrolet Cruise in 2018. Going into more detail, Gerald Lee, from ComfortDelGro, and Ilya from BaseTrack explored the foundations of the technology rooted in software, digital infrastructure and hardware.
Eugene Lee, the COO of SWAT, elucidated on efficient route planning having worked with the likes of Singapore Airlines, Land Transport Authority and SembCorp Marine. Axel Tan from SMRT Ventures and Illya both talked about, on the ground, this technology is at the driver’s fingertips. Mike Druzhinin, CTO at Adcar, put forward a digital rear screen of a car, animated with alerts, signs and advertisements.
Timofey Popkov, Director of Business Development at Veeroute, presented their cloud-based combinatorial optimisation engine applied in business areas such as last mile delivery and production planning. Esther Low, Business Development Lead from Ent-Vision, propelled the business further by seeking to build the supply chain logistics ecosystem. Oleg Borisov, from Zevs, described their platform for charge point operators in view of electric vehicles in the near future. Lastly, Denis Bondarenko from Gemicro, elaborated on data collection from 3D point clouds and geo-coordinates and processing them using software such as QGIS and ArcGIS.
List of Judges
- Edward Tay – CEO, Sistema Asia Capital
- Axel Tan – General Manager, SMRT Ventures
- Maxim Gorin – Head of Communications, Department of Transport City of Moscow
- Kelvin Tay - Managing Director, Future Mobility, Goldbell Group
- David K. Goh – Vice President and Managing Director, PTV Group APAC
- Maria Andrianova – Director, Moscow Transport Innovations
- Alexey Fomichev – Deputy CEO, MosGorTrans
- Gerald Lee – Vice President, Group Digital Transformation, ComfortDelGro
- Teh Kai Feng – Deputy Director, Land Transport and Urban Logistics, Enterprise Singapore
List of Start-ups
- Ajay Bulusu, Co-founder, Nextbillion.ai
- Gleb Vereshchagin, General Product Manager, Ping Delivery
- Ilya Klyuev, Business Development Lead, BaseTrack
- Eugene Lee, COO, SWAT
- Evgeni Makarov, Head of Data, SWAT
- Mike Druzhinin, CTO, Adcar
- Timofey Popkov, Director of Business Development, Veeroute
- Esther Low, Business Development Lead, Ent-Vision
- Oleg Borisov, CEO, Co-founder, Zevs
- Denis Bondarenko, Co-Founder, Gemicro
Screenshots of Urban Mobility Pitch Day 2021